Industrial technologies have revolutionized this sector. Productivity has increased, and risks have been reduced. Technologies like 3D printing, drones, etc. are now widely used in the industry.
Here are some interesting facts about these technologies which you probably didn’t know.
1. The concept of 3D printing was developed in the 1980s. Chuck Hull in 1984 invented ‘stereolithography’ technique. It used UV lasers to solidify photopolymer which formed 3D parts layer by layer.
2. 3D printing was used for prototyping products. It is still being used for this purpose by many companies. For example, Ford is using 3D printing to make a huge selection of its car parts for testing. Now, it is used to create finished projects. It is now used to bring the creations of designers to life.
3. The first 3D-printed object made from asteroid material was shown at the Consumer Electronics Show in January this year. The asteroid material came from Campo del Cielo impact near Argentina. It contained nickel, iron, and cobalt.
4. Drones are mainly made in the USA and Israel. The other countries of the world cannot manufacture drone due to poor technology. They have tried many times but failed.
5. Armed drones were first invented in 1998 to find Osama bin Laden. It was planned to be used for finding out the whereabouts of the Al Queda group in the Middle East.
6. The USA is the most frequent users of drone. It uses it for military strategies.
These facts are fascinating and leave us wondering how creative human beings are. We can expect more such amazing technologies in the future.