Cold water for showers can be good, so as to give you the zeal for a day’s work on a morning as well as for industrial purposes.
However, considering conditions that exist in various places, hot showers come in handy to give you the comforting feeling each time you get into that bathroom.
The paramount question is where you source the power needed for heating. Well, there’s an efficient solution to that – SOLAR WATER HEATERS.
The sun is one of the planets in our solar system that has provided heat and light for many years.Today, because of the technological advancement we have access to means that use the sun’s heat to generate energy.
One such means is the Solar water heater. It is an innovative technology that uses the heat of the sun to heat up the water.
• How they work
The solar hot water system consists of a solar panel located on the roof, facing the north, to heat water, and a system to move water to the storage equipment which is usually an insulated storage tank. This system may be used to heat household hot water for a residence or commercial purposes.
Naturally, solar hot water heaters depend on the solar panels to capture the energy from the sun so it can be used to heat the water.These systems tend to be storage systems as well, based upon your environment, and can heat up to 90% of your water free making use of the sun’s power.
• Types of Solar Water Heaters
There are two types of solar hot water heating systems, namely direct and indirect hot water systems:
1. Direct solar hot water systems work by harnessing the sun’s heat through the collector pipes and using it to warm up your homes’ water supply. The water is transferred to a storage tank placed inside the house to keep it warm. Direct solar hot water systems are more cost-efficient than indirect solar hot water systems. They, however, need regular maintenance such as cleaning the collector pipes of mineral deposits. This method is suitable for warmer climates where the temperatures don’t drop below freezing.
2. Indirect solar hot water heaters, unlike direct solar heating systems, don’t get the heat from the sun directly. These have heating tubes filled with a low-freezing fluid that’s warmed up by solar energy. As soon as the heating tubes and fluids are hot, a pump is switched on. It allows the hot fluid to flow into the heating coil of the main tank. The heat radiating from the coil warms up the water. Indirect solar heating systems are best suited for colder climates.
• Benefits of Installing a Solar Water Heater units.
Of course, these heating systems have many advantages relating to what they have to offer. The benefits include but may not be limited to the following:
1. Solar water heaters help a lot in saving your monthly budget in the form of electricity bill which is the main advantage. Therefore, if you opt for a solar water system, then you don’t require electricity to heat water.
2. These systems also require a one-time investment from your part. This investment includes purchase and installation cost, with minimal maintenance.
3. Solar energy is among the renewable sources of energy. It means you can easily exploit and make maximum use of this energy without any fear of its depletion in the long-run.
4. Solar systems are also advantageous concerning being a source of clean power since they do not emit greenhouse gas.
5. Solar systems can be installed anywhere without any location barrier. In fact, the place where installation of gas reticulation and electricity poles are expensive, installation of solar panels are the only available option.
6. With solar systems, we also eliminate possible electrocution cases as a result of faulty electrical heating systems.
In conclusion, therefore, as the world targets to go green in all aspect of life, then solar water heaters can be part of the solution.
You can imagine how much power we can save by fitting each household with one since the sun has enough energy to enable that.